Approximately 3"H x 4"W American Quarter used only as size reference * . . . The KILLS LIGHT guided ships into Newark Bay through the hazardous rocks of the Kill Van Kull. Exposed to destructive ice drifts, it was protected by a heavy stone pier. On top of the pier stood a square 41-foot stone tower and attached dwelling. Completed in 1859, this structure replaced an earlier wood-frame lighthouse that had rotted away in just seven years. The new stone building lasted for nearly a century. It's flashing white, fourth-order light was displayed for the last time in 1948. The building was demolished two years later. The KILLS LIGHT, located 50 feet from the New York / New Jersey border, was also called the Bergen Point Lighthouse.
KILLS LIGHT Sticker
Free Domestic Shipping